Our everyday life can feel really strenuous at times. We get up every morning and we are active until we go to bed, and in between we have trouble finding time and doing things that are really important.
Regardless of our busy lives, we should never forget to include some recreational activities and remove all worries and just feel better about ourselves at the end of the day.
What influences our well-being?
Our life quality is greatly influenced by our lifestyle. There are a number of factors which have an effect on the physical, mental and emotional health of humans. These include:
- Different eating habits
- Mental and physical activities
- Labor conditions
- Human relationships
- Physical and mental health
We often take our body for granted and we don’t dedicate enough time to its well-being and yet we rely on it to work properly at all times. However, proper food and physical activities are essential to our well-being and intellectual capacity. Regardless of people’s awareness of how important is to lead a healthy lifestyle, we still can’t find the time or the willingness to start exercising, or eating healthy.
Why we should start walking?
One of the ways of improving our well-being is including walks in our daily habits. Although walks can be exhausting, after a long day of work, if we start to walk 20,000 steps, on average, per day we will significantly improve our physical condition.
Technology, industrialization and city life have had an effect on people’s lifestyle. As a result, people have stopped walking, since it is much easier for them to use their cars or public transport.
What are the advantages of everyday walks?
Once we stop using the different means of transportation and dedicate ourselves to walking to work, school, or university, there’s no doubt that we will feel a positive change in our life.
These are some of the advantages of walking:
- You will clear your mind and reduce stress. By walking you can relax and clear your mind by avoiding worries and stressful situations which have become a normal part of our daily lives. Walking will make you more aware of your body and it will allow you to communicate with your organism, reorganize your thoughts and thus, free yourself of all the different tension we face during the day.
- We will learn to be more active. Following a healthy lifestyle can be a bit difficult in the beginning since we can feel muscle pain, but if we manage to make this our habit, we’ll slowly feel the benefits of having a routine which can help us channel and use our energy better. People who walk around 20,000 steps a day are actually much more capable of performing their work activities, since they don’t get tired soon and their body is used to being active.
- Positive effect on our overall health. Walking daily will help us reduce our sugar levels since we’ll be able to burn calories easier and reduce accumulated fat. People with heart problems, who can’t engage in strong physical activities, can benefit a lot from walking since they won’t be compromising their health with physical stress.
- Cherish nature. If you love nature, walking will allow you to get in touch with it on a higher level and thus create a greater sense of well-being and emotional control. It doesn’t matter if you live in the countryside or the city, you can still find a place to walk and make yourself comfortable in your own body.