There’s no definitive solution to stop the development of teeth plaque, although there are multiple procedures which you can do in order to decrease the accumulation of the residue in your mouth cavity and thus prevent the progression of the disease. If you want to find out more, please read below.
Smokers are more prone to developing dark yellow plates, because the nicotine accumulates on the teeth enamel. Also, people who drink coffee and chew snuff are more likely to develop plaque and even experience tooth loss.
It is recommended that people visit their dentist every 6 months in order to do a procedure known as deep prophylaxis. This procedure is not expensive, but for some reason people don’t have the habit of doing the check up and only go to the dentist once a year, or less. Below, we will present you with a few home remedies which you can make in order to keep your teeth in perfect health:
- For this home remedy you will need:
- ½ liter of water
- 60 grams of flour nutshell
In an aluminum container boil some water and 60 grams of flour nutshell and let it boil on low heat. Once it starts boiling, leave it on for another 10 minutes to simmer on low heat. You will get a slurry mixture, similar to a toothpaste mixture. You can use it to brush your teeth 2 times a month, for 5 minutes.
- For this remedy you will need:
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice
- ½ liter of water
Use a pot to mix the ingredients and then bring them to a boil and simmer for around an hour on low heat. You can use the mixture twice a month. This will prevent the forming of plaque and tartar formation on your teeth.
It is vital to keep a proper and regular dental hygiene if you want to keep your teeth in good health.
Below, we will present you some tips on how to keep your teeth healthy:
- Don’t miss a day to brush your teeth. Make sure you do this after each meal, or twice a day.
- You need to brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes.
- Choose a mild toothpaste, instead of choosing one which contains harsh chemicals.
- Floss your teeth before you go to bed.
- Make sure you use a mouthwash regularly. If you don’t want to use a store bought product, you can always mix some sea water and regular water in a 1:2 ratio, and use it as a mouthwash.
- If you still have plaque deposits which are hard to remove you are advised to visit your dentist.