It’s always a challenge to start losing weight, regardless if you are a new mom who wants to lose pregnancy weight, or a grandparent who wants to be fitter to keep up with your grandchildren. Weight loss is a process which requires huge motivation, dedication and diligence.
In recent years it has become much easier to lose weight or to start an exercising regimen, but you have to prepare yourself both mentally and emotionally. These are some things you need to consider when in the process of losing weight:
- It is a full-time commitment
Once you decide you want to lose weight you need to understand that this process will require a lot of patience, dedication, consistency and, of course, time. You need to stick to your diet plan all days of the week, the weekend is not your time to have a break.
- There will never be a “perfect” time to start
You need to understand that vacations, birthdays, dinners and other life events will come up while you make the changes and although it might be difficult for you, you need to make certain sacrifices and to understand your goals and stick to your plan.
- You will mess up!
Humans are not perfect and you need to accept the fact that there will be times when you need to own up to your mistakes and not give up. You need to get over them and move on!
Below we present you 14 healthy weight loss tips which can help you on your way to starting your journey
- You need to add in some healthy habits, before you start eliminating the unhealthy ones. For example, you need to start drinking more water, or start walking more often and this type of activity will help you achieve your goals on the long run.
- When changing your diet, it is recommended that you start doing and consuming things you like, for example, you need to start eating your favorite veggie more often and start doing your favorite activity. If you manage to stick to the things you like longer, you will eventually have results.
- Start eliminating processed foods from your diet and start consuming more vegetables, fruit, protein and grain. Avoid processed foods since they are full of sugar, salt calories which will slow down your weight loss program.
- When you eat make sure you chew your bites properly since this will help you avoid eating more and you will feel full and won’t be overeating because of huge bites.
- Consume the right portions and make sure you don’t overeat. Even though you eat healthy foods you need to make sure not to overeat since this can eventually slow down your weight loss progress and if you feel hungry after a meal, just drink a glass of water and wait for the hunger to go away.
- Try not to dehydrate and drink more water since otherwise you will feel fat, tired and bloated. Change up all your drinks during one day with water and you’ll feel the benefits soon enough.
- Drink unsweetened coffee since sugar is toxic to your body and it spikes your insulin levels. Generally speaking, it is much more important to eliminate sugar from your diet rather than fat.
- Eat vegetables daily and especially leafy vegetables. This will provide your body with the necessary fiber, minerals and all vitamins which you need in order to function properly in one day.
- Alcohol contains only empty calories so that’s why you need to restrict your consumption only too weekends or avoid it completely. This will save you money and will improve your overall health.
- Avoid desserts and drinks at parties, or if you are invited as a guest offer to bring something healthier.
- Remove carbs from your breakfast and switch to fruits and more light food. Eating small amounts of carbs before you go to bed will promote better sleep and you’ll also be able to lose weight much easier.
- Sleep and rest well! You need to make sure you provide your body with the necessary amount of sleep. If you don’t sleep well and enough your body will be more prone to gaining weight.
- Exercise cardio and strength trainings which will help you burn calories and build your muscle mass. Exercising will eventually lead to improving your metabolism.
- Try to walk as much as you can so you can lose weight easily. Walking on a daily basis will keep your body and metabolism moving.